As well as ordering around the troops here at 3Bit, I own a cafe in Mt Eden called Tuihana Cafe, which is run by my better half Leslie. I've been wanting to do a blog post about the cafe for some time now, but needed an excuse for some blatant self promotion.
(Full thread here, with lots of other auctions in support of Starship - auction closes Thursday night)
Being of the geek persuasion, I couldn't help myself with the cafe, so some of the tech we run include:
- Vodafone Naked DSL in the cafe, with Eftpos over broadband (transactions are super fast) and Visa Paywave/Mastercard Paypass.
- Voice-over-IP - Panasonic cordless phone (from 800voip.co.nz) and 2Talk.
- Free WiFi for customers (thanks to @cisconz and @chris021 for their help with this) with custom landing page and session control, powered by Mikrotik.
- Coffee and food ordering by txt, email and twitter (more info about all of that here)
- Full featured website, with the contact form that prints out directly into the cafe's kitchen.
- Presences on both Facebook and Twitter (@tuihanacafe)
If you're thinking of dropping in, flick me a tweet (@nate) and I'll make sure I'm around (I promise I won't make torture you with one of my coffees, as I'm crap at it, but my staff are amazing ;) ).
Other related posts:
Cyber attacks on NZ small business
How one database query can fix HOP cards
Review: Navman MiVUE680
comments powered by Disqus